Business Acumen Is a Team Sport.
Deepen Your Bench.
Better Business Acumen Starts Here
Put your employees in the driver’s seat of a business. Let them balance variables and feel pressures involved with making tradeoffs. They will put their skills to the test and learn from their successes and failures. Emerging with fresh insights, your people will more confidently understand financial data and make decisions that will drive business value.
Southwest Airlines develops its high-potential leaders with Business Challenge.
Find out how >>
- Communicate effectively about business metrics across the organization
- Evaluate financial data to inform business decisions
- Connect decisions to drivers of business value
Powerful Experiential Learning
- Competitive business simulation, featuring a dynamic marketplace, instant forecasting, and detailed financial reports
- Technology-based program allows for consistency and scalability when delivered as one-day in the classroom or live online for 8 hours over multiple days
- Exercises tailored to client company or industry test knowledge and provide additional opportunities to practice reading financial statements and making decisions that drive value
- Lessons in strategic planning, financial statements, cost structures, data-driven decision tools, strategic levers, and value creation
- Certified Facilitator with extensive finance and training experience; Facilitator certification for internal trainers is available
- One year of access to Fluent in Finance™, an interactive online pre-work curriculum for all program participants
Business Acumen Is for Everyone
Build Business Acumen at All Levels
All employees can make better, data-driven decisions. Business Challenge is an effective program to show employees how their actions affect other areas of the business and connect to financial metrics across the company. Business Challenge can be used for onboarding new employees, building capabilities in managers, and driving collaboration between cross-functional teams. Exercises may include discussing strategy and examining company financials versus its competitors.
Prepare High Potentials for Leadership Roles
Through Business Challenge, high-potential employees will experience how one decision can greatly affect company value and why that outcome occurs. Business Challenge exposes knowledge gaps that can be addressed with an individual development plan so high potentials are better prepared and have a higher likelihood of success as they move up in the organization.
Create, Communicate, and Execute Business Strategy
As managers move up in the organization, they are increasingly charged with making decisions that have a direct impact on the bottom line. Business Challenge gives these leaders practice evaluating business tradeoffs with financial impacts, interpreting relevant data, and communicating with stakeholders. At this level, the program has a strong focus on creating a business strategy and executing against that strategy.
Build Business Acumen in Every Department
Business Challenge effectively shows functional teams the importance of finance, regardless of their role in the organization. Enspire tailors exercises to the functional area of participants, so they practice solving real-world problems relevant to their day-to-day roles. We have experience delivering Business Challenge to professionals in human resources, sales, marketing, internal technology, and more.
Teach the Basics of Business Acumen
Fluent in Finance™ is a six-hour online course in business finance that combines the convenience and best practices of online delivery with rich, interactive media and business simulations. Fluent in Finance lays the foundation for employees to base everyday decision-making on financial criteria, advocate for business ideas, and translate the company’s strategic goals and financial metrics into meaningful terms.
Empower Your Employees to Drive Value
Hear from Our Clients
“Business Challenge is a highly effective simulation that offers a great real-world learning experience… it challenges participants in strategic and financial decision-making as they manage a virtual business in a competitive market.”
– Kelly Gallagher, Business Operations Manager Customer Training, Pratt & Whitney